Convicted Iran Front Group Regularly Sent FIVE-FIGURE DONATIONS To THE CLINTON FOUNDATION (Video)

Convicted Iran Front Group Regularly Sent FIVE-FIGURE DONATIONS To THE CLINTON FOUNDATION (Video)

The Mullahs in Iran were free to advance their agenda in the United States under the Obama administration, and that is exactly what they did.

The Clinton Foundation refused to return more than $50,000 of contributions from The Alavi Foundation, who along with its partner Bank Melli were recognized as procurement fronts for Iran’s nuclear weapons program.

The group was described by federal government investigators as a “front” for the “Mullahs who dominate Iran.”

David Cohen, the New York City Police Department’s intelligence chief, said in court documents that the foundation is ‘totally controlled by the government of Iran’ and ‘funds a variety of anti-American causes,’ including the Potomac center and other mosques.

These organizations, said Cohen, a 35-year veteran of the CIA, have affiliates that support Hezbollah and the Islamic Resistance Movement, or Hamas, two groups the U.S. government has deemed terrorist.”

The Alavi Foundation’s board was appointed by the Iranian government, and their affairs have been directed by various Iranian officials, including Iranian ambassadors at the United Nations, in violation of a series of U.S. laws.

In  2009, U.S. attorney Preet Bharara, filed a law suit to seize a New York City building partially owned by The Alavi Foundation alleging that it had been acting as a “front for the government of Iran” for two decades.and “funds a variety of anti-American causes.”

In the largest terrorism-related civil forfeiture in United States history, a jury ruled the government could seize a skyscraper in Midtown Manhattan.

It found that the Alavi Foundation, which owned 60 percent of the 36-floor skyscraper at 650 Fifth Avenue, violated United States sanctions against Iran and engaged in money laundering through its partnership with Assa Corporation, a shell company for an Iranian state-controlled bank that had owned the remaining 40 percent.

The government agreed to distribute proceeds from the building’s sale, which could bring as much as $1 billion, to the families of victims of terrorism, including the victims of the 911 attack.

Fact check: Clinton Foundation accepted donations from foreign government:(CNN)

The Alavi Foundation rarely donated to non-Islamic or non-academic institutions. Alavi spent most of its funds on building Shiite institutions — such as mosques and cultural centers — and installing Iran-friendly professors at prominent American universities, Stand Up America reports.

So its regular donations to the Clinton Foundation — now estimated at around $100,000 — particularly stood out. From 1985 to 2014, the Alavi Foundation — which last year listed its assets at over $100 million — donated to only 13 non-Islamic organizations.

In addition to its direct donations to the Clinton Foundation, the Alavi Foundation has also sent money to organizations associated with the non-profit. Alavi has given funds to the Clinton Foundation through its supposed humanitarian programs (the “Child Foundation”) in Louisiana and Haiti.

Prominent legislators have labeled the Clinton Foundation as something resembling a money-laundering and influence-peddling operation. Its critics argue that the foundation was primarily utilized to curry favor with the power Clinton family. They point to instances like the foundation’s disaster-relief fundraising efforts in Haiti, which ended up enriching the Clinton Foundation and not doing anything substantive to relieve the suffering of the people on the ground.

When first confronted with the possibility that the Alavi Foundation was an Iranian front group, the Clinton Foundation refused to return its donations.

At the time, in 2015, New York U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara said: “For two decades, the Alavi Foundation’s affairs have been directed by various Iranian officials, including Iranian ambassadors at the United Nations, in violation of a series of U.S. laws.”

It remains unclear if the conviction of the Alavi Foundation will change whether the Clinton Foundation will dispose of the terror-linked funds they have regularly received from the Iranian front group. If the Clinton Foundation continues to take funds from Alavi, the Clintons will be enabling a country determined — by bipartisan consensus — in U.S. government circles as the world’s foremost state sponsor of terrorism.

Photos:  Bing

Total paragraphs: 25
Total paragraphs for ads: 25
Ad locations: , , , , ,

 

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.