2:45 PM PT — Eric tweeted about the tragedy, saying … “Adrienne and I are devastated by the loss of our beloved son … Details still unclear.” He continued … “Authorities have informed us there is no sign of self harm at this point. Autopsy will be next week. Please respect our grieving period.”
12:40 PM PT — Well placed FNC sources tell TMZ … Eric Chase died from a drug overdose. We’re told he was having a hard time dealing with the trouble his dad was having at the network. Our sources say he was extremely embarrassed by the stories and was “emotionally upset.”
The son of Fox News host Eric Bolling, who was fired from the network after an investigation into claims of sexual harassment, has committed suicide, it was learned on Saturday.
Eric Chase, 19, Bolling’s only child, died on Friday night, journalist Yashar Ali reported on Saturday, the Daily Mail reports.
‘Very sad news, Eric Bolling’s son, who was only 19, died last night,’ Ali, a contributor to New York magazine and Huffington Post, tweeted.
— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@yashar) September 9, 2017
‘By all accounts, Eric was incredibly devoted to his son. Heartbreaking.’
Ali was the reporter who initially broke the story in Huffington Post last month about the alleged lewd texts sent by Bolling.
In response, Bolling filed a $50million lawsuit against Ali, according to Politico.
A source close to the Bolling family told DailyMail.com: ‘It is believed he died Friday night. No doubt everything his father has been through lately has weighed heavily on his child.’
Bolling’s former colleague at Fox News, primetime host Sean Hannity, tweeted on Saturday: ‘To my dear friend, please know we all love you, will be here for you and your family.’
Another former colleague of Bolling, Geraldo Rivera, tweeted: ‘Gut-wrenching news about Eric Bolling’s 19-year old only son Eric. Erica and I weep for the Bolling family This is horrible, our condolences.’
Guy-wrenching news about #EricBolling 19-year old only son Eric. Erica and I weep for the Bolling family This is horrible, our condolences
— Geraldo Rivera (@GeraldoRivera) September 9, 2017
So awful. My heart goes out to Eric and his family. Tragedy: Eric Bolling Son Dies | Mediaite https://t.co/8DvUNqqi9M
— Don Lemon (@donlemon) September 9, 2017
The Daily Mail reports:
The tragic death took place one day after it was learned that Bolling agreed to leave the network following an investigation into claims of sexual harassment.
Three of Bolling’s colleagues claimed that he sent them unsolicited photos of male genitalia via text message.
The rising Fox News host was suspended during the investigation and left the network where he has anchored several different shows for the past 10 years.
‘Fox News Channel is canceling The Specialists, and Eric Bolling and Fox have agreed to part ways amicably,’ a network spokesperson told DailyMail.com.
‘We thank Eric for his ten years of service to our loyal viewers and wish him the best of luck.’
After the allegations emerged back in August, Bolling had maintained his innocence and tweeted: ‘I will continue to fight against these false smear attacks! THANK YOU FOR CONTINUED SUPPORT’.
The network began investigating Bolling, who is married, after two of the women who claimed to have received the photo worked with Bolling at Fox Business Network, while a third woman works at Fox News, Huffington Post reported.
The women all claim they did not solicit the messages and that they knew the message was from Bolling, who has been married to his wife since 1997, because they recognized the phone number from previous informal and work-related interactions.
Huffington Post reported that the messages were sent several years ago on separate occasions.
After receiving the messages reportedly from Bolling, the women told their colleagues that they were deeply offended and upset.
One of the women replied to the 54-year-old anchor instructing him to never send her photos of male genitalia ever again; he reportedly did not respond.
A dozen sources told Huffington Post that at least two of Bolling’s female colleagues at Fox Business and one at Fox News received the photos of male genitalia from Bolling.
The identities of the women have not been released to the public. Bolling had previously denied all allegations against him.