In spite of all the scandals that have surrounded the Clinton’s over the years their mighty house has always remained standing. Many hope those days are over, and are looking forward to their fall.
Former New York Republican Rep. John LeBoutillier wrote a column for The Hill on Monday where he argued that the Clintons’ mighty political machine is collapsing.
LeBoutillier wrote his piece as a 27-point essay:
1. There is the stench of political death around Hillary, Bill, Chelsea and the entire House of Clinton.
2. You could feel it when Republican front-runner Donald Trump hit back — hard — over the “penchant for sexism” charge by basically calling Hillary Clinton an enabler in the former president’s sexual shenanigans
3. When have we ever seen the Clinton’s back off? But they did.
4. Then came further reports about an expanded FBI probe of her handling of secure information; the nexus of State Department favors for donors to the Clinton Foundation; and the story that Hillary Clinton or her staff might have lied to FBI agents in this probe.
5. All of this has raised the speculation, yet again: Will President Obama stop the Department of Justice (DOJ) from indicting her if the eight-person DOJ team working with over 100 FBI agents recommends criminal charges?…
6. The president will be in an odd situation: He ran against the Clinton’s. He is known to loathe Bill Clinton. He apparently does not want the Clinton’s back in charge of the Democratic Party (thus removing the thousands of Obama acolytes with cushy patronage jobs).
7. So: If the DOJ recommends an indictment and he K.O.’s it, he will have his own legacy smeared with a permanent taint of having covered up for the Clinton’s.
8. If he allows an indictment to move ahead, that will be the end of Hillary Clinton’s campaign. Period. She may think she can march on despite charges, but that would be self-delusional. Her campaign will be finished the day charges are filed by Obama’s Justice Department.
9. She can’t claim “politics as usual” or that old “right-wing conspiracy” nonsense as this will be Obama’s Justice Department — not a Republican-controlled entity — bringing these charges.
10. Now, even without an indictment, Hillary Clinton’s fortunes are rapidly sinking.
Breitbart reported that the FBI investigators are doggedly pursuing the Hillary Clinton email case, which hinges on whether Clinton violated a provision of the Espionage Act of 1913. The law (18 U.S. Code & 793 subsection f) makes clear that anyone who has materials “relating to the national defense” cannot lose or give them away. The law is broken if “through gross negligence permits [materials] to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust, or to be lost, stolen, abstracted, or destroyed.”
The penalty? A fine, a prison term of up to ten years, or “both.”