President and Michelle dance the night away in Buenos Aires, ignoring calls to come home after terror attacks in Brussels.
The Daily Mail reports Obama dances while Brussels burns: President and Michelle take to the floor to TANGO during glitzy state dinner in Buenos Aires as he ignores calls to come home in wake of terror attacks
- Obama traveled to Buenos Aires to meet new Argentine leader Mauricio Macri following his visit to Havana, Cuba
- President was pictured Wednesday night at a state dinner with wife Michelle and Argentine first lady Juliana Awada
- There he danced the tango and sipped champagne, ignoring calls to return home after the Brussels terror attack
- Nine Americans were among hundreds wounded during a triple suicide bombing in the Belgian capital that killed 34
- Obama stated earlier in the day that ISIS does not pose an ‘existential threat’ to the U.S. and appealed for calm
- See more of the latest news updates on the Brussels terrorist attacks at www.dailymail.co.uk/BrusselsAttacks
In Brussels police are still desperately hunting a dangerous terrorist after he fled a triple-suicide bombing in the city that left 34 dead, as officials search for news on U.S. citizens who went missing during the attack and medics tend to nine more Americans lying wounded in hospitals.
Meanwhile in Buenos Aires President Barack Obama was dancing the night away with wife Michelle at a glitzy state dinner alongside Argentine President Mauricio Macri and his first lady Juliana Awada as part of a two-day state visit.
Despite increasing calls from the likes of Donald Trump and Ted Cruz for the President to return home in the wake of the Brussels attack, Obama showed his determination to carry on regardless Wednesday night.
At the end of the state dinner, the Obamas were pulled abruptly onto the dance floor by a pair of Latin dancers providing the entertainment.
At first, the woman in the shimmering gold dress seemed content to twirl with her partner, but then she made a beeline for the president and beckoned him to the floor.
The president, who has been known to break into song on occasion but has rarely shown off his moves, declined her invitation several times, but she wasn’t to be deterred and she soon had him sashaying across the floor. It was unclear if the slightly clunky President had been having lessons. Mrs Obama meanwhile tangoed with the male dancer nearby.
Scroll down for video