Report: Jim Acosta and CNN File Lawsuit Against Trump Administration

Report: Jim Acosta and CNN File Lawsuit Against Trump Administration

CNN is taking the ongoing feud between President Trump and Jim Acosta to court.

It appears that CNN is setting the wheels in motion for a lawsuit against the White House for removing the press credentials of Jim Acosta following a tense incident Wednesday during a news conference at the White House.

Appearing on CNN’s “Reliable Sources” this Sunday, ABC’s former White House correspondent Sam Donaldson made the claim that Jim Acosta and CNN had already filed a lawsuit against the Trump administration over the White House’s decision to revoke the reporter’s press pass.

I hope I’m not mistaken, but it’s my understanding that CNN and Acosta have sued, that there will be a court hearing on Tuesday on this very matter that we’ve been discussing,” Donaldson said.

take our poll - story continues below

What is your top alternative to Facebook? - FIXED

  • What is your top alternative to Facebook?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to Truth Uncensored updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Donaldson claims that he has already been asked to prepare an affidavit to be submitted to court, likely due to Donaldson’s own reputation for confrontation with the White House, including trading personal insults with President George Bush in 2006, RT reports.

Donaldson also said that he had sent Acosta an email which encouraged him to ‘Keep it up”, and not to worry about the “vicious attacks” and “threats”.

CNN released a statement saying no decision has been made as of yet on the lawsuit. The network has reached out to the White House on the issue but has “gotten no response”.

Sunday’s “Reliable Sources” also featured constitutional lawyer Floyd Mayweather who emphasized that CNN would have a “really strong lawsuit” if they chose to proceed.

Last Wednesday White House press secretary Sarah Sanders made the announcement that Acosta’s press pass had been suspended as a result of a tussle with a White House intern over a microphone following his sharp back-and-forth with Trump during the President’s post-midterm Q&A. Acosta has disputed the accusation claiming he never put his hands on the young woman.

Watching the full exchange it is obvious that President Trump was making a sincere effort to answer Acosta’s questions, the president actually took the time to answer three of his questions before rightfully losing his patients when Acosta refused to hand the mic over. Not only that, he used his hand to forcefully push the female interns arm away from the mic.

Acosta should have been escorted from the room. He deserved to have his credentials revoked.


 

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.