Two Central American teens charged in the recent execution-style killing of a Massachusetts man came to the U.S. as unaccompanied alien children or UACs under President Obama’s “open-border free-for-all,” according to a Judicial Watch report.
The two 17-year-old boys also have ties to the notorious MS-13 gang, according to the Boston Herald.
Upward of 130,000 women and children from El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras have poured across the U.S.-Mexico border since the summer of 2014 and the administration has distributed them into communities nationwide with the help of the Catholic, Lutheran, Baptist and various evangelical churches.
WND reported Wednesday that a new study by a Catholic organization found that nearly 80 percent of those coming from Honduras were not fleeing violence but merely seeking economic opportunities.
Last month that Obama was reclassifying the next wave of Central American migrants as “refugees.” This will give them a legal status that makes them eligible for a host of government welfare benefits.
The Obama administration has for months been employing a “catch and release” strategy for Central American children and families who show up at the southern border. More than 50 percent of those caught and released have not reported for their deportation hearings.
Third alleged killer still at large
Boston media now reports that the 17-year-olds charged in the grisly Jan. 2 killing entered the U.S. as UACs and both have ties to MS-13, according to authorities cited by the Boston Herald.
A third suspect is also wanted in the case but remains on the loose, considered armed and dangerous.
The two teenage boys charged this week resided in Everett and one of the them, Cristian Nunez-Flores, migrated to Massachusetts from his native El Salvador in the summer of 2014, which is when the influx of Central American minors began to heat up.
The teen’s parents remain in El Salvador, according to the Herald. The other suspect has been identified as Jose Vasquez Ardon, who is also a recent arrival from Central America.
Prosecutors say the two suspects, described by the Boston Globe as “baby-faced boys,” shot a 19-year-old in the head at point-blank range. Both have pleaded not guilty and are being held without bail. They needed the assistance of a Spanish interpreter during court proceedings.
In a chilling retelling of 19-year-old Omar Reyes’ final moments, assistant Middlesex District Attorney Carrie Spiros said Reyes told his girlfriend he had “a bad vibe” about leaving her apartment and meeting up with the two suspected killers. But he feared he’d get a beat down if he didn’t go, the Herald reported. Prosecutors say he was shot in the head on a bike path beneath the Tileston Street Bridge in Everett on Jan. 2.
With a third suspect still unidentified and his whereabouts unaccounted for, Malden District Court Judge Lee G. Johnson sealed the police reports on the case.
Congressmen send letter demanding answers
This week two federal lawmakers – a senator and a congressman – sent a letter to the administration demanding answers on exactly how and when the teens entered the U.S. The lawmakers, Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, and Rep. Bob Goodlatte, R-Va., chair of the House Judiciary Committee, also want to know if the administration had knowledge about the suspects’ gang connections.
“Please provide a complete copy of the alien file for Jose Vasquez Ardon and Cristian Nunez-Flores,” the lawmakers state in a letter to the Department of Homeland Security and Health and Human Services, the agency that’s mostly handled the barrage of UACs and the relocation process.
“Please provide any other information collected or maintained by DHS and HHS regarding either Jose Vasquez Ardon or Cristian Nunez-Flores,” the request states.
Shortly after the first batch of UACs arrived in mid-2014, Judicial Watch reported that many had ties to gang members in the U.S., specifically MS-13.
Recruiting gangsters at migrant shelters
Homeland Security sources directly involved with the UAC crisis told Judicial Watch that street gangs, including MS-13, went on a recruiting frenzy at U.S. shelters housing the illegal alien minors and they used Red Cross phones to communicate.
The MS-13 is a feared street gang of mostly Central American illegal immigrants that’s spread throughout the U.S. and is renowned for drug distribution, murder, rape, robbery, home invasions, kidnappings, vandalism and other violent crimes.
The Justice Department’s National Gang Intelligence Center (NGIC) says criminal street gangs like the MS-13 are responsible for the majority of violent crimes in the U.S. and are the primary distributors of most illegal drugs.
Three Teenage MS-13 members were charged last year with ‘brutally’ raping 16-year-old girl in New York.
Last year three MS-13 gang members were charged with the brutal rape of a girl in New York.
Police raids last month put the gang back in the spotlight in the Boston area.
“Just a few weeks ago dozens of MS-13 members were indicted in Boston for serious crimes including murder, conspiracy to commit murder, drug trafficking, firearm violations, federal racketeering and immigration offenses,” according to the Judicial Watch report. “Several of the defendants are responsible for murdering at least five people since 2014 and the attempted murder of at least 14 in Chelsea and East Boston, according to the federal indictment. MS-13 members also sell cocaine, heroin and marijuana and commit robberies to generate income to pay monthly dues to incarcerated gang leadership in El Salvador, federal prosecutors say. The money is used to pay for weapons, cell phones, shoes, food and other supplies for MS-13 thugs in and out of jail in El Salvador.”